Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A quick stop in Glasgow.

So let's talk about Glasgow. Petey says Glasgow is like the second largest city in the United Kingdom. It does not feel that way at all but it is a big financial district with not very many people on the weekends. It looks like you are walking down one of the streets in D.C. I liked how quiet this city was and it rained Saturday and Sunday while we were there. Have I mentioned how much I loveeeeeeeeeee rainy days? Our hotel here was called Citizen M and it has the coolest concept for a hotel that I have ever seen. The rooms are so tiny but so efficient. There is a giant California King bed in them and not much else. The shower and restroom are in a little vestibule that you can ADD GLOW LIGHTS TOO just like in my Escape. We spent a lot of time in our room playing with the glow lights... I selected blue while Petey switched the room color back to green. The entire room was controlled by a remote. Neat. Below is the glow light shower in green.




There was a delicious candy store here where they sold milk chocolate filled with coffee cream. I ate the whole bag in like 5 minutes. :) Guess what they have here, Mom? A TK Maxx... yes.... you have guessed correctly... their version of a TJ Maxx. OMG. I took photos. See below.


We had dinner at a restaurant called Filling Station which is the UK version of a Ruby Tuesday. Then we wandered back to the hotel in the rain. Then we got up early, took a bus to the airport, and waited to fly to Paris. There is a very cool boutique here called Accessorize which is like our version of Claire's. You know what I bought there in the airport? A giant, gaudy heart shaped, cheetah print ring... and I just so happened to be wearing my cheetah pants and cheetah shirt this day. I looked mad Jerseylicious.

Next, I will tell you about Paris. Huh huh huh.

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment