Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life-Changing Desserts!


Dessert #1: Nutella Gelati! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

First of all, as we went through the airport in Zurich to get to Vienna, we passed through the duty-free shop. This jar of Nutella was for sale for about $65.00. Jones, I think this might be a good investment for you. I have never seen a jar this large in my life. Maybe we should go halves on it?


Now, Vienna has a lot of gelati shops. I always get coffee gelati as it is a reliable favorite only varying slightly in how strong the coffee was to create it. But today, my life changed forever. There was Nutella Gelati that I mixed with the coffee. Imagine, Nutella on ice. Not sticky like in the jar, but creamy and cold. My words will not do justice to the creamy Godsend that is Nutella Gelati. So, photos must suffice. And then plan on getting on a plane ASAP and getting yourself some.



Dessert #2: Original Sacher-Torte! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Vienna is famous for this chocolate cake that graces our mortal presence. Here is the history, in case you wanted to know:


I rather like the story behind this little gem. So, we went to the Hotel Sacher Vienna to indulge in the original. This cake is deliciously moist, coated in that Apricot Jam, and the chocolate on top is hardened to perfection. I wrinkled my nose at the idea of Apricot Jam but oh my yummy. Mixed with the fresh whipped cream and a cappuccino after a long day of travel made me feel triumphant. Photos below. You are not considered a true Austrian visitor unless you have this. Get on a plane. Do it. 


The anticipation is killing me...


And then the angels began to sing... Hallelujah! Hallelujah!



No comments:

Post a Comment